Note- This A Personal Perspective & Observations
It’s interesting to me I have been thinking today about what makes “true happiness” or being content? Being loved? Love starts and ends with you, self love in terms of not looking for others to fix you and indeed be fixed. If one is there connected self then us no need for you to find anything as it all resides within you. Regardless of your surroundings – family, friends, children etc.Then once those seeds have been sown you can be fruitful friendships, relationships that are connected you know and feel their energy.
Some people aren’t ready to know that their conscious and unconscious minds, perceptions, core beliefs can have a deep reaction to unresolved trauma (this is about introspection, objection and taking ownership and responsibility) they may get angry, upset, dismissive, dissociative, become impulsive or go back to threads of thinking that confirm otherwise – this is a defence, I choose not to take it personally.
AUT-Tisitc Personality Disorders
- Someone who is Schizoid may become inverted and detached
- Someone who is Obsessive-Compulsive may want order, structure and control
- Someone whom is Schizotypal may become more inverted and paranoid
Self based Personality Disorders
- Someone who is who is Borderline may have bouts of emotional dysregulation due to feelings of emptiness
- Someone who is Dependent may yearn and be submissive/or monopolise to their caregiver
- Someone who is Passive-Aggressive may be angered by their and feel the world is against them
- Someone who is Narcissistic may want revenge and delude themselves with grandiose thoughts
In the end these people need and open-minded and autonomous person whom can give them the space to work through there own challenges.
Understanding “Self” May Not Easy – The Road To Balance
You do not and cannot be in people’s shoes all the time, you may give them tools, balanced advice or nothing at all. However true connection you can ask for them to experience whoever they are – wish them peace and clarity.Here are mine – I know their origins and through that you work with the systems through rationalisation.
- I would dissociate from interpretive language due to being profoundly meaning deaf during infancy
- Body dysmorphia with regards due to circumcision and not processing operation and inappropriate incident in with children in my early infancy. This has extended to other parts of my body.
- I have an ongoing binge eating disorder due to gratification of over eating (being encouraged, validation and “normalised”) and this is in relation to emotional dysregulation and impulse control in mid late infancy.
- For many years I had emetophobia (fear of vomiting) which started when I vomited on the house carpet in house after having orange juice in infancy. It was resolved in my late teens.
- I have at times a subconscious reaction to certain words/phraseology – this is now largely resolved as was due to a isolated incident with a teacher at Primary School.
- I have had Shy Bowel and Bladder Syndrome due to having the toilet door kicked in when I was infant at school in mid infancy.
- I pick my hair which is related to impulse control (dermatillomania) because it was a relaxing/comforting experience when my Mum picked scabs from my hair when I had chicken pox in mid late infancy.
Knowing the origins of different aspects of oneself can be a road that may be filled with fear and uncertainty but it could well be a release from the shackles of the past.
Paul Isaacs 2021