Note this is from a personal perspective
Here are the inter linking factors which are language processing disorder secondary to dissociation, exposure anxiety, body and visual perceptual disorders.
- I started dissociating at 7 years old, partly to do with being about 60 – 70 percent meaning deaf (language processing disorder).
- Exposure anxiety and struggling to keep up interpretive meaning and awareness of “self”.
- Having body disconnectivty (not perceiving the body as a whole).
- Having visual perceptual challenges (face blindness, object blindness and meaning blindness 70 percent of information is visual so I was using only 30.percent).
- I self harmed up until age 18 because of having a “emotional dumps” hitting my body which at times I did not trust myself with at.
Now I use art, poetry, creative writing to bridge the gap between emotions and self. 🤗
Paul Isaacs 2019