This is from a personal perspective – remember think of strategies that make you happy
My previous blog was somewhat raw but a necessary look at situations that can affect the mind and mental health of a person (who ever they are) – with reflective thought and with the help of friends on social media – I believe as difficult as mental health problems can be the importance and acknowledgement of positive energy and that it is good for people.
How we get to this is personal so here are some things that have helped me over the years. 🙂
Special thanks to Kirsty Seager & Richard Attfield
- Comedies – Laughter that raw feeling of finding something brilliant in all of its hilariousness has helped me today I was watching an episode of Some Mothers Do ‘Ave ‘Em.
- Drawing – From a young age I would draw and found i very relaxing, today I have started drawing again which is cartoon art mixed with fashion this has been a nice past-time to take back up.
- Poetry – It is a way for me of conveying humour, real-life, emotions and opinions
- Woodlands – My friend Richard Attfield suggested the countryside strolls within its ethereal beauty as way to calm down, relax and be at peace and that the act of doing so releases anti-depressant chemicals in the brain.
- Sensory Integration – Another friend Kirsty Seager suggests sensory toys and human software therapy which has helped her.
- Diet – Richard has also pointed that importance of diet, vitamins and minerals for a healthy body and mind
- Healthy Friendships – These are very important it is not about someone projecting at someone it is about compromises (which are reasonable) and listening to one another and enjoying each others company this can also flow into workmate and romantic relationships also.
I do not proclaim victim-hood I do however acknowledge victimisation – this isn’t going to dictate me or my life all people on this earth deserve the right to be happy, content, settled and secure. I will continue to do this. 🙂
I hope this helps others. 🙂
Paul Isaacs Adult With Autism 2014