Cameron & Heather Von St. James
Cameron Von St. James contacted me and talked about his wife Heather’s amazing and inspiring journey with Mesothelioma a form of cancer – through awareness we can reach out to those who are touched by cancer the people, their families, friends and loved ones and help.
I urge people to become aware and share their stories, moments and hearts to this cause and spread awareness, knowledge and hope.
Mesothelioma that affects the pleura can cause these signs and symptoms:
· Chest wall pain
· Pleural effusion, or fluid surrounding the lung
· Shortness of breath
· Fatigue or anemia
· Wheezing, hoarseness, or cough
In severe cases, the person may have many tumor masses. The individual may develop a pneumothorax, or collapse of the lung. The disease may metastasize, or spread to other parts of the body.
Tumors that affect the abdominal cavity often do not cause symptoms until they are at a late stage. Symptoms include:
· Abdominal pain
· Ascites, or an abnormal buildup of fluid in the abdomen
· A mass in the abdomen
· Problems with bowel function
· Weight loss
In severe cases of the disease, the following signs and symptoms may be present:
· Blood clots in the veins, which may cause thrombophlebitis
· Disseminated intravascular coagulation, a disorder causing severe bleeding in many body organs
· Jaundice, or yellowing of the eyes and skin
· Low blood sugar level
· Pleural effusion
· Pulmonary emboli, or blood clots in the arteries of the lungs
· Severe ascites
A mesothelioma does not usually spread to the bone, brain, or adrenal glands. Pleural tumors are usually found only on one side of the lungs.
Copyright Wikipedia 2014
Paul Isaacs Adult With Autism 2014