Following the from the post with Donna Williams about brain activity/integration I thought I would put some points that helped me as a young person with Autism.
Left Hemisphere Neglect was my issues so what help with me getting a sense of my own body, balance and integration etc?
1. Was introduced to swimming since I was 5 years old has done me a lot of good that was at primary school (helped me sense my body, body movement)
2. Riding a bike from any early age (helped with balance, sense of body, left and right etc)
3. Living in the countryside walking with dogs (helped with depth, pressure, leverage and how gauge different modes of walking)
4. Was allowed “Sensory Explore” in the back garden (feeling textures, elements etc)
5. Father introduced me to Taekwondo (balance, sense of body, core strength, simultaneous movements of arms, legs and body)
I hope this helps. 🙂